Malt Messenger Bulletin
Our Year End Inventory Sale
It’s that time of year again, the Annual KWM Year-End Inventory Sale is on now!
The sale has become a staple here at KWM, something that our customers wait for with bated breath. The sale’s origins long predate my tenure, which is now in its 18th year. I don’t know exactly when it began, but there is a method to our madness…
We are closed this coming Monday to do a very detailed store-wide inventory count, but before we start, we are going to try and shed some stock. We have sharpened our pencils to offer some amazing deals throughout the store. Some of these deals are so good they won’t last long.
Now through 6 PM Sunday night (January 31st, 2021), you can SAVE 15-50% on all in-stock Wine, 10-40% on most in-stock Whisky and 5-30% on all Other Spirits in-stockr.
There are PDFs linked below for the wines discounted more than 15% and the Whisky & Spirits discounted more than 10%.
You are welcome to shop in-store, but if you are planning to do so, be sure to dress for the weather, you may be asked to wait. We continue to welcome just 6 customers in-store at a time. Please be sure to don a mask, and if you’re not feeling well, stay home!
Our preference continues to be for customers to take advantage of online shopping where possible. The deals are just as good online – exactly the same in fact – and you don’t need to throw your parka on to browse them.
Demand is high, so please be patient. Please wait until you receive confirmation your order is ready before coming in to pick it up. Plan on giving us at least 5-6 business hours to get it ready.
City-wide delivery is available for a $10 fee but is free for orders over $100. We are expecting a lot of demand for delivery next week though, so please be patient!
One last thing, but it is an important one… we’ve added another new Virtual Whisky Tasting… Join us on Thursday, June 11 for Signatory Vintage & The Single Cask. One of our beloved alumni, Hunter Sullivan, is back for a while, and we’re pulling him out of retirement to co-host the Signatory Vintage & the SIngle Cask tasting with me. We have an awesome range, more details below.
THE YEAR END INVENTORY SALE DETAILS
Just about everything that comes in a bottle or can is on sale this weekend only.
The Sale is in-store and online only. No phone orders, please!
The sale will end promptly at close on Sunday, January 31st, 2021 at 6 PM, both in-store and online.
Sale pricing will not be carried forward after 6 PM on Sunday, nor will sale pricing be applied retroactively to prior purchases.
We will be CLOSED Monday, February 1st for Inventory.
We will re-open as usual on Tuesday, February 2nd at 10 AM.
Most* in-stock Whisky and Other Spirits are 10-40% off!
Browse Whisky & Spirits Discounted by 15% or More!
BEFORE BROWSING THE DEALS, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING:
1. Please order using our website or in person at our store. No phone orders, please!
2. We will likely be busy in the store, so please be patient.
3. If you want your items packed for pickup, note demand will be high and there will be delays of up to a week. To focus on the sale, we will not be packing anything for pickup before February 2nd.
4. There are no additional discounts or promotions and the sale prices do not include GST.
5. In the event of a discrepancy in price, the point of sale at KWM will be taken as correct.
6. No discounts will be applied retroactively or carried forward past the end of the Sale, AT 6 PM Alberta Time, Sunday, January 31 (in-store and online).
7. Kensington Wine Market will be closed on Monday, February 1st, 2021 for inventory. We will be back to regular hours and open on Tuesday, February 2nd.
UPCOMING VIRTUAL WHISKY TASTINGS
We are just getting started with the virtual tastings, and we will continue to add tastings to the lineup over the weeks and months ahead.
· A Zoom link for each of the tastings will be emailed 12-48 hours prior to the tasting.
· A pick-up date for the samples is indicated for each tasting!
· Tasting samples can be delivered in Calgary city-limits for a $10 fee, which will be waived for orders over $100.
Cadenhead Original Collection w/ Cameron McGeachy
Date: January 28, 2021 @ 5PM
Pick-up Date: Available Now
Our friend Cameron McGeachy, WM Cadenhead’s Sales Manager, will join us live from Campbeltown, Scotland, as we virtually taste our through the latest Cadenhead whiskies to reach Canada. Cadenhead’s is not only Scotland’s oldest independent bottler, but it is also one of our favourites here at KWM. We’ll be sampling whiskies from Caol Ila, Deanston, Dufftown, Glenrothes, Strathclyde, Tomatin & Tullibardine. The tasting includes 7x 15ml samples.
*SAMPLES ARE AVAILABLE FOR PICKUP NOW*
Signatory Vintage & The Single Cask
Thursday, February 11th @ 8 PM
We’ve dragged the legendary Hunter Sullivan out of retirement to be Andrew’s co-host for this vertical range tasting highlighting one of our favourite independent bottlers, Signatory Vintage. We will sample 5 different Signatory whiskies, as well as another two from a new-to-Alberta independent bottler, The Single Cask. The tasting includes 7x15ml samples of whiskies aged 20 to 35 years of age from the following distilleries: Ben Nevis, Cameronbridge, Glen Elgin, Glen Keith, Glenburgie, Glentauchers & Strathclyde.
*SAMPLES ARE AVAILABLE FOR PICKUP NOW*
Boutique-y Whisky Roulette Double Header with Dave Worthington
Dates: February 13, 2021 5PM & February 27, 2021 5PM
Cost: $160.00 (2 Tastings & 7 Whiskies)
Pick-up Date: Available Now!
Only 12 Spots Left!
The boys are back with another Boutique-y Double Header tasting. This time we will be tackling the “Boutique-y Greatest Hits Collection Vol. 1” in a virtual trans-Atlantic game of spin the bottles (the Greatest Hits Collection Spins). The tasting will take part over 2 nights, Saturday, February 13, 5 PM MT and Saturday, February 27, 5 PM MT. On each night we will sample 5 of the 10 50ml bottles in the Greatest Hits Collection, selected at random. Call it Whisky Roulette or Spin the Bottle… We will also sample two bonus drams each night, 28ml samples filled by KWM of 4 other Boutique-y whiskies. Dave Worthington will be our guide, and with a little luck, Sam Simmons will crash the party. 5 PM Saturday, February 13 & 5 PM Saturday, February 27.
*SAMPLES ARE AVAILABLE FOR PICKUP NOW*
STAY HOME… WE’LL DELIVER!
We Are Offering Some Great Deals
Free City-Wide Delivery for Orders Over $100
FREE DELIVERY – We are offering free delivery for orders over $100 placed online or over the phone, and will do our best to deliver within 72 hours.
CURBSIDE PICKUP – Place an order, we’ll let you know when it is ready. Call us when you are out front or parked in the back lot and we’ll bring it out. Simple as that!
GIFTING – Want to send someone a care package? All gifting options are still available. Quarantined parents and closed schools qualify as a “wine emergency”. Gift cards are also available and can be used over the phone.
If you are able, please submit your order online. We will answer any questions you might have before finalizing and processing your order. You are not automatically billed when you submit your order.
We will do our best to answer and process as many phone orders as we can. Call us at 403-283-8000.
COVID-19 Precautions at KWM
To protect our staff and customers we have implemented some policies!
Please do not enter the store if:
· You have returned from Outside of Canada in the last 2 weeks, or you live with someone who has!
· You are showing symptoms of COVID-19, or if you have been in close contact with someone diagnosed with or suspected to have contracted COVID-19.
If the above applies to you, please order online or by phone and we can deliver!
Precautions we are taking in-store:
· All of our staff are wearing masks, and we’d appreciate if you would do so too!
· We are only allowing 6 customers in the store at any given time.
· We have hand sanitizer throughout the store for the use of customers and staff.
· We kindly ask that you do not to pick up products unless you intend to purchase them.
· We are frequently disinfecting commonly touched surfaces and high contact areas within the store.
· We are also not accepting cash payment at this time.
· Staff are frequently washing and disinfecting their hands.
· We have cancelled all in-store tastings.
· We are monitoring our staff for symptoms.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we all try to navigate this challenging time!
Sunday: 11am – 6pm
Mon – Wed: 10am – 8pm
Thu – Fri: 10am – 9pm
Sat: 10am – 8pm
*All Prices Quoted here are subject to change and do not include GST. In the case of pricing discrepancies, the price at our point of sale will be taken as correct.*