As we embark upon a New Year and a new us, we wanted to follow our tradition of looking back at the year we’ve just left behind and the promise of the year ahead!
2020 was a year of many challenges but from those challenges came some of the best successes. We learned new ways to interact with each other, found ways to be kinder to ourselves, to our neighbors, and even to strangers. We forged new relationships at virtual events and had the opportunity to bring people from all over the world into our homes as we learned more about each other and the things we are passionate about. Most of all we learned how important it was to make the most out of what was important to us.
At ImpEx we saw many blessings come out of 2020. As we grew and added new brands and expressions to our portfolio our team had the pleasure of virtually meeting with many of you to share a dram, some knowledge, great stories, and some laughs. We came together as an industry and community to support each other and the industry itself.
These carefully curated relationships, events, and efforts helped to pave the way for what turned out to be quite a rewarding year for ImpEx, our brands, our suppliers, our distributors, and our customers.
We thank all of you for your continued support and look forward to seeing each other soon and feeling the energy that comes with in-person events and interactions!
~Sam Filmus, President and CEO
A few words from Chris Uhde, Vice President of ImpEx Beverages
THE YEAR IN REVIEW
We launched some amazing new brands:
Single Malts of Scotland, GlenAllachie, the M&H Core Range and had some amazing Limited Releases and Single Casks from Kilchoman, Penderyn, Port Askaig, Single Cask Nation, M&H, Kurayoshi, Tottori, Fukano, and Ohishi.
We have had the opportunity for our brands to be recognized in some very prestigious competitions and publications in 2020
- Kilchoman U.S. Small Batch No. 1 – Double Gold, 92 Points
- Port Askaig 110 – Double Gold, “Best Independent Merchant Single Malt”
- Port Askaig 8 year old – Gold
- Ohishi ex-Brandy Cask 10 year old – Double Gold, “Best Single Grain Whisky” in the World!
- Ohishi Islay Cask Finish – Double Gold
- Penderyn The Peated – Double Gold
- Penderyn Rich Oak – Gold
- Penderyn Portwood – Gold
You can view results for SFWSC using their search function by Clicking here.
- Kilchoman Sanaig – 97 Points, Chairman’s Trophy, Top 100 Spirits 2020
- Kilhcoman Machir Bay – 95 Points, Finalist
- Fukano 10 year old – 96 Points, Finalist, Top 100 Spirits 2020
- Matsui Mizunara Cask – 97 Points, Chairman’s Trophy, Top 100 Spirits 2020
- Matsui Sakura Cask – 94 Points, Finalist
- Tottori Blended – 93 Points, Finalist
- Tottori ex-Bourbon – 92 Points, Finalist
- Ohishi Islay Cask Finish – 91 Points
- Ohishi Sherry Cask – 90 Points
- Gouden Carolus – 92 Points, Finalist
- Port Askaig 8 year old – Gold Outstanding, Best in Class, Best in Show
- Kilchoman Machir Bay – Gold
The full list of award winners can be found here.
- Gouden Carolus Belgian Single Malt – Gold
- Ohishi Tokubetsu Reserve – Gold
- Kilchoman Machir Bay – Gold
Full results can be found here.
…and we rounded out the year with Whisky Advocate’s Top 20 of 2020 with new comer M&H Classic winning the hearts of the judges on the discerning blind tasting panel.
We launched our ImpEx 3D series – Distillery Deep Dives with more to come in 2021!
We joined Groups of Whisky Lovers, Facebook Fans, Instagram Collaborators, Podcast Pioneers, and Consumer, Retailer, Distributor teams in numerous virtual events to share in the joy of socially distanced celebrations and knowledge sessions.
None of this could have been accomplished without our amazing team of professionals, our suppliers, our distribution and retail partners, and the consumers that make it all worth it.
Thanks for being a part of our journey the last year, we look forward to sharing an even more amazing 2021 with you as the year drinks on!
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org.